Monday, May 10, 2010

Trabalenguas / Tongue Twisters: 5/10/2010

Here are some the tongue twisters I frequently ask my students to say before leaving the third/fourth grade Spanish room. I find that tongue twisters are good practice for pronunciation, since many of the sounds are repetitive. You may want to ask your child to repeat his (or her)favorite tongue twister to you, other family members or friends.

Diviertase! / Have fun!

1.
Tres tristes tigres toman te.

Tress treess-tehss tee-gress toh-man teh.

Three sad tigers drink tea.

2.
Pepe el pato patina sobre el piano.

Peh-peh ell pah-toh pah-tee-nah soh-breh ell pee-ah-noh.

Pepe the duck skates on the piano top.

3.
Quiero a mi abuelita con la cara tan bonita.

Key-eh-roh ah mee ah-boo-eh-lee-tah cohn lah cah-rah tahn boh-knee-tah.

I love my granny with the pretty face.

4.
Quiero mucho a mi tio. Es un gran amigo mio.

Key-eh-roh ah mee tee-oh. Ehss oon grahn ah-mee-goh mee-oh.

I love my uncle. He's a great friend.

5.
La nina pequena come pina en el bano.

Lah knee-knee-ah peh-keh-knee-ah coh-meh pee-knee-ah ehn ehll bah-knee-oh.

The small girl eats pineapple in the bathroom.


And here's a popular Spanish saying:

En boca cerrada no entran moscas.

Ehn boh-cah sseh-rrah-dah noh ehn-trahn mohss-cahss.

No flies enter a closed mouth. (Sometimes it's better to stay quiet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment