Thursday, January 21, 2010

THIRD & FOURTH GRADES UPDATE: 1/21/2010

THIRD GRADE UPDATE AND QUIZ INFO:
The students have been learning the Spanish names for their classes and have been introduced to many new verbs in the "I" form. They've written these words in their notebooks and will be practicing asking and answering about what they do in their classes. THERE WILL BE A MATCHING QUIZ ON ALL OF THE VERBS ON THEIR SECOND MEETING DAY WITH ME NEXT WEEK. HENSLER: WED. 1/27, WOLFRATH: TH. 1/28, LADUKE: FRI. 1/29

New Verbs:
Estudio-I study
Corro-I run
Camino-I walk
Escribo-I write
Leo-I read
Salto-I jump
Bailo-I dance

Old Verbs:
Juego-I play
Hablo-I talk
Como-I eat

FOURTH GRADE UPDATE AND QUIZ INFO:
The fourth graders have finished their Three King's Day translation and writing activity. In this activity they used bilingual dictionaries to find the meanings of topics they were asked to discuss. After deciding on their answers, they again used the dictionaries to write down their ideas. The goal was for them to write material and non-material gifts that they wished for themselves and others in the new year. The students are now playing a game of classroom "T-Ball" in which they are asked and answer questions about where they live. (Their answers can be a little silly, since not everyone lives at the movies or in the library!) THERE WILL BE A MATCHING QUIZ ON THESE WORDS NEXT WEEK. THEY'LL ALSO BE ASKED TO WRITE THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION: ¿EN QUé EDIFICIO VIVES?(IN WHAT BUILDING DO YOU LIVE?)
HUGHES-WED, 1/27, TUCKER-TH. 1/28, LEMON & LEE-FRIDAY 1/29.

Places Vocabulary:
Los apartamentos-the apartments
El museo-the museum
La biblioteca-the library
El restaurante-the restaurant
El hospital-the hospital
El estadio-the stadium
El centro comercial- the mall

¡Hasta luego! Sra. Starr

No comments:

Post a Comment